It doesn’t matter whether you’re going to bask indoors or out, there’s something that might make your time a bit more enjoyable on sale this weekend. From late-model TVs and soundbars to amazing deals on some of our favorite sex tech and outdoor gear, we’ve got plenty of discounted products for your coming summer.
Special offer for Gear readers: Get a 1-year subscription to WIRED for $5 ($25 off). This includes unlimited access to WIRED.com and our print magazine (if you’d like). Subscriptions help fund the work we do every day.
Home Theater Deals
- 77-inch Sony Bravia A80J OLED for $3,498 ($1,000 off): I know what you’re thinking: A $3,500 TV can’t possibly be a deal. We’ve made an exception for this giant Sony OLED, which has every right to cost its original $4,500 list price. Looking for the most immersive home theater experience? Here you are.
- 65-inch Sony X80J TV for $900 ($252 off): Sony makes some of the best-looking TVs on the market, but they typically cost a good amount more than similar options from LG, Samsung, TCL, and Vizio. This 2021 model is an exception, thanks to a nice initial discount. Any 65-inch Sony below $1,000 is a good deal, but a brand new model? That’s a great one.
- Epson Home Cinema 880 and Insignia 100-Inch Projector Screen for $800 ($150 off): Many of us who are vaccinated are planning to finally socialize this summer, and what better way to get together than with an outdoor movie or karaoke night? This 1080p projector and screen combo is an easy way to get into outdoor viewing on the (relatively) cheap. Epson’s projectors are reliable enough that you should get many years of viewing.
- LG 2.1-Channel Soundbar for $150 ($130 off): If you just got a new TV, this is a great (and oddly loud at 300 watts!) entry-level soundbar. You’ll be shaking the floorboards with this pair.
- LG 3.1.2 Soundbar System for $447 ($353 off): This soundbar and subwoofer combo has enough drivers to offer Dolby Atmos surround sound, which makes it a great option for those who want cinematic sound in smaller spaces. Onboard Google Assistant means you can use it to control your other smart home gadgets.
social experiment by Livio Acerbo #greengroundit #wired https://www.wired.com/story/weekend-deals-may-22-2021